Counselling is for everyone
Counselling can have huge benefits – it’s preventative and is an important investment in our emotional and mental wellbeing.
It takes a lot of courage and self-awareness to recognise that your life is not how you want it to be or your hopes and dreams haven’t been fulfilled. Some need counselling in response to childhood trauma, relationship issues or unexpected changes in their lives, while others seek self-exploration and want to learn new tools and techniques for personal growth.
Life is about
We experience a number of changes through life that can trigger strong emotional responses like pain, regret, anger, fear, shame, helplessness, resentment, relief, guilt or sadness.
With the help of counselling, you can rebuild your life, change the way you think and respond. Rather than look to the past with regret, you can discover new ways to deal with your circumstances.
Why talk to me?
How often do family and friends give you completely honest feedback? Their immediate reaction is either to minimise or skirt around the issues, because it’s not their place to tell you the truth. They are too emotionally connected to you to be objective and their views can also be coloured by their own experience.
This is the real benefit of counselling. I will act in your best interest to provide honest, constructive feedback and strategies to assist you. You can share your thoughts and feelings without being judged or worrying about how these emotions might impact on your relationships.
Potential benefits of counselling:
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your personal goals and values.
- Resolving the concerns that led you to seek therapy.
- Finding new ways to cope with stress and anxiety.
- Managing anger, depression, and other emotional pressures.
- Communicating effectively.
- Developing skills for improving your relationships.
- Learning how to listen and be listened to.
- Breaking unhealthy patterns of behaviour.
- Discovering new ways to solve your problems.
- Improving your self-esteem and your self-confidence.